Thursday, May 29, 2008

Possible Projects

1.) Backpackers in Tokyo

I was thinking I could either follow one person or just research backpacking in general. I could either find out in depth how one traveler is spending their time here, why they came here, what they plan to do next etc., or I could just in general interview some travelers here, maybe talk to the people in charge of the hostel about their experiences with visitors, etc.

2.) Stereotypes

I was thinking it would be interesting to hear what some foreigner's stereotypes of Japan they had before coming here, and how those ideas changed after living here. Or what things they still see as stereotypical. Also, I think it might be fun to ask Japanese people their ideas about America or other places in the world and what stereotypes they see. I could talk to Japanese people who have not traveled very much and are just average, and then I could talk to maybe a student at TUJ or some other Japanese person who used to be average but then experienced being "international" in some way (living in anothe country, or maybe just going to TUJ), and now understand more about the world.

3.) A reflection on my time in Japan

It could either be a day in my life, or just something that represents my time here as a whole. I might include things and people that are important to me here. I think there are a lot of different ways I could go with this, so I need to narrow it down, but I'm sure I could do something good with it.

No comments: